Actress Anita Hassanandani is a renowned Indian telly and Bolly actress who has left behind her own long legacy in the industry right from her first exposure to showbiz. Whether her role was big or small, she made it sure to make her on-screen character BIG in-terms of her acting skills and has been highly acclaimed for the same. She has also been a prominent face in any Hindi movies as well as a prominent actress in the South industry as well.
Hailing from Mumbai (Maharashtra), Anita debuted before the small-screen first to embark upon her showbiz career with a Hindi serial named Idhar Udhar in 1998, wherein she played the role of Anushka. The next year itself, she bagged her silver-screen debut in Subhas Ghai’s multi-starrer and the famous movie Taal, wherein she co-starred with eminent Bollywood actors like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Anil Kapoor and Akshay Khanna and herself played the side-role of Asha. Then onwards, she went on starring in major Hindi shows one after the other and even made her debut in South’s entertainment industry with the 2001 Telugu movie Nuvvu Nenu. Later, she also featured in many other Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, a few Kannada and one Punjabi movie as well.
In 2013, Hassanandani got hitched to corporate professional Rohit Reddy in Goa and on 10th October 2020, she announced her pregnancy through a video which she had uploaded on Instagram, featuring Reddy and herself. The couple is now blessed with their first child – their son Aaravv Reddy, who was born on 9th February 2021.
Anita also happens to be Ekta Kapoor’s BFF and they share precious moments of friendship by partying, eating and travelling together.
Read on to know deets about her poignant on-screen roles:
1. In 2001, she bagged her first poignant role of Tanushree in the Hindi show Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii and played on-screen childhood bff to Urvashi Dholakia’s Sonia. Owing to the show’s bizzare plot, both the girls were married-off to the same man – Harsh. However, the dynamics of this show’s plot made it a big success and Tanushree’s character was well-lauded.
2. In 2001, she played the lead-character of Vasundhara in the popular Telugu movie Nuvvu Nenu, which is a romantic-drama film. Actor Uday Kiran portrayed the lead-male’s role while co-stars Sunil Banerjee, Tanikella Bharani, Dharmavarapu Subramanyam and Telangana Shakuntala played the supporting roles. This movie was released on 10 August and became an instant commercial success after winning four Filmfare Awards South – including ‘Best Film – Telugu’ and five Nandi Awards in various categories. Later, this movie also had it’s Hindi remake as Yeh Dil, wherein Anita coo-starred as the female-lead along with actor Tusshar Kapoor.
3. Anita’s next big on-screen achievement was with the 2002 Telugu comedy film Thotti Gang. This was a multi-starrer movie and she co-starred as one of the female-lead character Venkata Lakshmi along with actors like Allari Naresh, Prabhu Deva ad Sunil Gajala in the lead roles. The movie again claimed positive reviews and was declared a super hit at the box office. It was loosely based on 2001 American film Saving Silverman and was latter dubbed and released in Tamil under the name of Love Game.
4. In 2003, Anita starred as the female lead in Ekta Kapoor’s Hindi movie Kucch To Hai, which is an Indian Hindi-language romantic thriller slasher film. It also stars Tusshar Kapoor, Esha Deol, Yash Tonk, Rishi Kapoor, Jeetendra and Moonmoon Sen in the lead roles. Despite it’s low ratings, Anita became a household fame of versatility through her role of Natasha herein.
5. Next, another movie Krishna Cottage, which was also hailed by Balaji Telefilms’, was a 2004 Indian Hindi horror film and starred actors Sohail Khan, Isha Koppikar and Anita Hassanandani in the leading roles. This was a pretty popular horror film back then and Anita was being considered as an emerging Hindi movie heroine who starred in horror movies.
6. Right when Anita was being considered as an emerging Bollywood actress, Anita made her prominent comeback in the Hindi television industry with the immortal and most-cherished Hindi love-saga Kkavyanjali. It aired on Star Plus from 25 January 2005 to 28 August 2006. Actors Anita Hassanandani, Rakshak Sahni and Eijaz Khan played the lead roles herein. It’s plot revolved around the tale of soulmates who deeply love each other but can never unite as a couple. The show was a massive success owing to it’s storyline and the leads’ – Anita and Eijaz’s performance as on-screen love-birds. The show created excessive buzz as the couple was dating each other that time in real-life as well.
7. In 2013, after playing the lead and poignant side roles in many regional and Hindi movies and in Hindi soaps, Anita endorsed the poignant antagonist role on-screen for the first time and absolutely nailed it. She played the role of Shagun in Ekta Kapoor’s another massive television venture Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, which aired on Star Plus and co-starred with actors like Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel and others. She was highly acclaimed for her first-ever negative role and her breakthrough role helped her win the Gold Awards (2015-2017) for the ‘Best Actress In Negative Role (Popular)’ category.
8. Lastly, Anita’s most powerful role was spotted as Vishakha (Vish) in the third season of Ekta’s Kapoor’s most popular supernatural saga Naagin 3, which aired from 2 June 2018 to 26 May 2019. Anita co-starred herein with Surbhi Jyoti and Pearl V Puri, who played the roles of Bela and Mahir respectively.